Jan. 20, 2020
Human Resources Manager
Crawford Company is seeking candidates for a Human Resources Manager. The human resources manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of management supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, employee relations, benefits administration, risk management, safety, workmen’s compensation and employment law compliance for approximately 230 employees both union and non-union.
Essential Functions of the Human Resources Manager:
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local employment/benefits laws and regulations.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures ensuring they are all consistent with company goals and maintains the employee handbooks.
- Conduct training and presentations for employment, health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Performs benefit administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Manage the recruitment process from job posting to onboarding and collaborate with department managers to determine hiring needs.
- Develop and implement a meaningful performance management program.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce polices to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- OSHA reporting and compliance
- Risk management – auto, property insurance.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Partners with Payroll to maintain the payroll database; provides payroll processing backup support as needed
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Partner with outside entities for benefits, legal, risk, safety and any HR consulting work that may need to be performed.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of education and experience.
- Experience with recruiting, employee relations and benefit administration.
- Experience with safety, OSHA and risk management.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
- Experience working with trade unions a definite plus.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume along with cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
Crawford Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Yesterday a young repairman named Spencer was here at my home. I had called your office for a repair as my air-conditioning was not working correctly. Spencer called but I was not available. When I returned Spencer's call he advised me as to what time he would arrive. He arrived at said time and was very courteous even though you had not put in my air-conditioning unit. It is very refreshing to find a company that not only hires personnel who attend to the problem at hand but are also courteous to your customers.