Crawford Company is seeking candidates for a Delivery Driver. The delivery driver will work with employees, customers and other co-workers to facilitate workflow in residential, commercial, and industrial markets. Drivers provide quality service through the safe and efficient delivery of parts and goods to our customers and field employees using a company provided vehicle. You will ensure efficient deliveries by quality checking and following direction from supervisors.
Essential Functions of the Delivery Driver:
- Operate company-owned trucks observing company safety procedures.
- Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
- Responsible for assuring loads are properly secured.
- Responsible for cleanliness and standard maintenance of vehicles.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Unload and load trucks.
- Stock inventory
- Help maintain cleanliness in shop.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical (includes drug screen)
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Hooking up/Pulling Trailers experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- One year of related experience
- Geographical knowledge of service area and/or map reading skills a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an on-line application or pick up an application at 1306 Mill Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. You may also submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Crawford Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Gary did an excellent job installing our new furnace and air conditioning system. We think he went above and beyond normal installation procedures in correcting problems which should have been done during prior installations.