Crawford Company Has A Proud Quad Cities History
Crawford Company has proud to be a part of the Quad Cities since 1952. We remain dedicated to the ideals and principals that guided us from a small shop to a premiere HVAC, Plumbing, and Fabrication company.
Crawford Over Time
Harvey Crawford establishes Crawford Heating & Cooling as sole proprietorship. The "early shop" is located at 4th Avenue and 21st Street.
Articles of incorporation registered with Secretary of State: Nov. 26, 1962.
A new building is constructed at 1306 Mill St. (present site). Building survives Great Flood of 1965.
Crawford grows to 6,800-square feet on Mill St.
Bob Frink begins career at Crawford.
Harvey Crawford passes away. Bob Frink and Jim Maynard Sr. assume management duties at the company.
Crawford Residential begins a long-standing association with Bryant Heating and Cooling products.
Crawford adds commercial and industrial markets to niche, maintains residential division.
Crawford adds weld shop and begins specialty fabrication projects.
Specialized stainless steel projects have become a new emphasis. The first expansion, since 1968, is completed - adding 3,200-square feet.
Another addition is constructed, this time 3,600-square feet are added for the specialty fabrication division. Also, a four-ton overhead crane is purchased. Total square-footage sits at 13,200.
A coil line and additional sheet metal ductwork fabrication equipment is purchased. Jim Maynard Sr. retires from business.
Crawford remodels and gains additional office space. Cumulative facility totals 26,000-square feet.
Crawford buys area's largest laser-cutting center and forms new Laser Division. Crawford adds a subsidiary, DSP Monoxivent; entering the "source capture solution" market at a national level. Company breaks ground on a new 21,000-square foot addition. Crawford Residential begins association with Lennox Home Comfort Systems.
Company completes largest addition in history, total square-footage grows to 47,000-square feet.
Crawford ranks 3rd in nation for safety by SMACNA.
Crawford launches current logo and continues building marketing base for residential division.
Crawford/Monoxivent introduce fiberglass reinforced plastics division. Crawford's three lasers are re-built and cutting capacity increases.
Crawford adds new 3500-watt laser to increase cutting capacity. Crawford adds Plumbing Division. Monoxivent grows fiberglass reinforced plastics with UnderDuct and Corrosion Composites brands.
Crawford ranks 2nd in nation for safety by SMACNA.
Crawford embarks on 60th year of serving the QC market.
Crawford breaks ground on new 20,000-sq. ft. expansion for Monoxivent division.
Cumulative facility size grows to 67,000-sq. ft. Crawford expands into Dubuque market, opens Crawford North. Crawford expands into micro-brewing equipment and launches brewtanks.com.
Bob Frink retirement announced following 45-years at company (43 as president). Crawford wins Bryant "Circle of Champions" award.
Additional building opens at 31st Avenue in Rock Island for Brew Equipment Division.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Chris does good work - old fashioned pride - modern methods.