Services For A Home Remodel
There are a lot of things to consider when remodeling a house or making an addition. We can handle any of your HVAC, plumbing, or electrical needs.
The Crawford Home Renovation Team Advantage
- Hiring individual plumbing, HVAC, and electrical contractors can turn your renovation or addition into a nightmare in a hurry. Hiring separate contractors for your construction needs can cause a host of different coordination issues, add unexpected costs, and those can easily overrun your planned budget.
- For an example there are many HVAC and plumbing equipment installations that need to have electrical power ran to them. An issue often seen, when separate contractors are chosen, is for the electrical requirements to change or be erroneous. The equipment ultimately provided by the plumbing or HVAC contractor will differ from the original plan. This creates problems during the rough in process, these issues are removed from the project when using the Crawford team.
- With the Crawford home renovation team, you can be assured that these types of coordination issues will not add unnecessary costs to your project. Our experienced team of Plumbers, HVAC installers, and Electricians are constantly communicating with each other to ensure that every detail is accounted for on a project.
Additional Heating & Cooling Needs
When considering a remodel or room addition it’s important to get your HVAC contractor involved as early in the process as possible to discuss the options of adding a separate system to the space or utilizing your existing HVAC system.
Most often, the existing system and ductwork are sized for the original square footage and configuration of the home. This makes adding supply and return branch ducts to the existing system particularly challenging especially if the existing system does not have enough capacity to heat and cool the additional square footage. However, sometimes it is possible to add a zone system to the existing equipment to redirect the existing capacity to different parts of the home based on heating or cooling demand and control them independently with new controls.
If the remodel only includes relocation of existing branch ducts (supply and return) then this is a far simpler process. However, due to the space requirements of duct work it’s important to determine the locations of the new branch ducts in corroboration with the general contractor, plumber and electrician so that the remodeling process goes smooth and each trade has adequate space for the additional mechanicals being added to the home. This evaluation is also a good time for a Crawford Company HVAC professional to assess the condition and effectiveness of your existing ductwork. A typical home can lose 20-30% of the conditioned air that passes through the ducts due to leakage, improper connections or other inefficiencies.
If the existing HVAC system does not have the capacity to adequately heat and cool the new space there are many other options to accomplish that including Bryant ductless mini-splits, fan coil units or secondary forced air systems. Although, these systems may come at an additional cost the benefits are numerous. Most newer systems today, especially Bryant ductless systems, are far superior in energy efficiency to their older counterparts thus saving you money on your utility bills. In addition, these systems not only control temperature independently in the new space but can also supplement your existing system thereby reducing your energy costs, extending the life of your existing system and adding a separate zone in your home.
We strongly recommending getting an HVAC professional involved early in the planning process so you can avoid the disappointment of having a beautiful new space that is either too hot or too cold to enjoy. That initial consultation is always done at no cost to the homeowner and can help avoid any pitfalls later in the process. Call Crawford Company today if you are considering a new remodel or room addition.
Plumbing Remodel Services
Plumbing can play an integral part in the home remodel process. Our team of estimators, project managers and licensed plumbers will work with you to achieve the finished product that you want and need in your home. We are here to help you with your home remodel projects when plumbing services are needed.
We can assist you with kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels and more! We partner with professional contractors to bring the project to completion.
Our Plumbing Remodel Services include, but are not limited to:
- Kitchen remodels
- Plumbing fixture upgrades (sink, faucet, disposal)
- Relocation of gas appliances
- Relocation of water lines for appliances
- Bathroom remodels
- Plumbing fixture upgrades (sink, faucet, toilet, bathtub and shower)
- Relocation of washer and dryer
- Conversion of electric appliances to gas
- Exterior and Landscape remodels
- Gas line installation for grills, outdoor fireplaces, etc.
- Water line installation for outdoor sinks and appliances
Upgrading or Expanding Electrical Needs
Things to consider when contemplating an electrical home renovation or upgrade
- Is the size of my existing electrical breaker or fuse box big enough to add more electrical devices such as?
- Is my electrical system grounded properly?
- Is it possible to install new wiring from my panel location to the new or renovated area without having to open up walls and remove ceilings?
- Should I upgrade my breaker or fuse box?
- Replacing or upgrading your home electrical service
- Replacing your Outdated, Inadequate or unsafe breaker or fuse box
- Replacing outlets that no longer hold the plug tightly in the outlet
- Replacing or adding new power outlets
- Electric Vehicle Charging outlets and chargers
- Replacing outdated or non-working lighting fixtures with new energy efficient LED technology
- Installing new ceiling fans
- Replacing ceiling fans
- Outdoor accent lighting
- Whole Home backup generators
- Partial Home backup generators
- Portable Generator Home connection point.
- Installation and replacement of hard wired and battery smoke and Carbon monoxide detectors
- Installation of wired CAT 6 Home networks and cabling fished in walls
- Installation of coaxial cables fished in walls for cable TV, Internet, and Satellite TV
- Switching from a gas range to an electric range
- Adding or switching to an electric hot water heater
- Additional heating or air conditioning units
- There is no job too big or small for us to handle
Electrical Services We offer
Whole Home Electrical Inspections by licensed electricians
- Inspect and investigate the Electrical wiring system in the home for safety and to ensure all electrical systems are in good working order
- Make recommendations and provide pricing on needed repairs
- Make recommendations and provide pricing on recommended repairs or upgrades
Flexible Financing Solutions
Crawford Company understands that homeowners need financing solutions that work with their budget. We offers financing for residential and small commercial projects. To learn more, click the link below.
Contact Crawford HVAC, Plumbing, & Electrical
Our knowledgeable and courteous staff are here to answer your questions.
Youtube: Crawford Company
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
I am writing to acknowledge the quality serviceman employed by Crawford Co. I am a 65-year-old woman whose husband was out of town. I came home at eleven p.m. with the temperatures at minus nine degrees to a broken furnace. The house was at 59 degrees and I didn’t have a clue what to do. I called my husband who walked me through a couple of simple options to try to jump start the furnace. When that failed, he suggested I call Crawford. Thankfully, a serviceman called me back. I didn’t want him to come out again in the cold, so I asked him if he could talk me through a possible easy fix. He tried so patiently to help me and then decided it would be best for him to come to the house. As grateful as I was he was willing to drive from DeWitt, I was nervous about having a stranger come to the house in the middle of the night. (Old ladies worry about that.) First and foremost, when you call Crawford you can be sure of quality service, I know that. The young man, Drew, came promptly to the house and handled the situation as you would expect him to do. What was exemplary was his understanding of my upset and was pleasant, confident, capable and very reassuring. In the middle of the bitterly cold night, this man explained what he was doing in “my” terms, totally repaired and cleaned the furnace, checked flues outside and made me feel safe and warm. Those are things that company training cannot instill in a person. I thank Crawford for employing this man and I thank Drew for helping me when I was most upset. My hope is that he would be recognized and rewarded for his abilities to do his job, but also his kindness and understanding of people.