Crawford Company is seeking a Safety Coordinator. The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for promoting worker safety, while enhancing the safety culture of the company through development, support, deployment, monitoring, and review of all health and safety programs and initiatives. This role actively pursues continuous improvement of safety opportunities throughout the organization. Must ensure that Crawford’s safety programs and performance meet or exceed OSHA, State and Federal requirements. Manage the Work Comp, OSHA logs, injury investigations, coordinate treatment, communicate restrictions, Work Comp claims administrations, billing, and invoicing. In addition, plan, implement, and coordinate programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses, as well as motivate and educate employees to enable Crawford to become the recognized leader in both safety and quality of all other contractors. This is a key leadership role for all things safety.
- Observe worker performance and inspect for any possible site hazards to ensure that the company complies with all regulatory guidelines (OSHA, Federal, State, etc.) and provide direction to management and workers for immediate actions if out of compliance.
- Creates, modifies, implements, and maintains standardized safety policies, procedures, and training records.
- Participates in developing company-wide safety objectives, tracking, and managing.
- Plan, implement, and coordinate programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, and financial losses.
- Identify conditions which could produce accidents and communicate this information to Division Managers so that information is shared and conditions can be eliminated.
- Review high risk activities with field crews prior to commencing work: crane lifts, confined space entry, arc flash requirements for work on live equipment, etc.
- Conduct post-accident investigations and make recommendations to prevent accident from reoccurring.
- Support for administration of Worker’s Compensation, including claims management, accident documentation, and communicate with injured employee, doctors, and insurance carriers.
- Develop, conduct, and track ongoing and employee safety training (in conjunction with safety consultant), and new hire employee safety orientation. Coordinate, with consultant, regular safety training among divisions.
- Maintain data for various site-specific safety compliances.
- Assist Safety Consultant with worksite inspections, present findings to Division Managers, and track follow-up items.
- Assist in pre-job/shutdown safety planning, when possible, with the Project Manager.
- Make personal contact with the working crews to build relationships, address concerns and identify improvement opportunities.
- Visit customer contacts and medical facilities to maintain a strong, professional relationship.
- Attend company and customer safety meetings. Including support of consultant for management of overall Company Safety Committee.
- Updates and adds safety related content to the company portal.
- Counsel/coach employee when policy infractions are noted and inform appropriate supervision for additional counseling and possible disciplinary actions.
- Mange Work Comp: OSHA logs, injury investigation, coordinate treatment and ongoing care, communicate restrictions, submit Work Comp claims to insurance carrier.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in areas of shared responsibility.
- Assist with company activities related to Fleet and Safety
- Support of company safety activities within Quad Cities and Dubuque (Crawford North) markets
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office-Office, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- 3 years of experience working in the field (construction, general industries) preferred.
- Must have completed OSHA 10, OSHA 30 preferred.
- OSHA 1910 and/or OSHA 1926 preferred.
- Additional Safety Programs/OSHA training preferred
- Experience with Safety Inspections preferred
Crawford Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular Mail: 1306 Mill St., Rock Island, IL 61201
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Your service man was very helpful explaining the problem. He was very prompt with call to home.