Crawford Company proudly serves the Quad Cities Area. Crawford Company is guided today, as it has been for over 65 years, by Crawford’s original values: a commitment to product quality, customer service, innovation, business integrity, and a high regard for individual contributions. Crawford specializes in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, drain cleaning, electrical, laser cutting, specialty welded fabrication, brewing equipment, and custom architectural products. Crawford Company assumed ownership of Art-O-Lite Electrical on Jan. 2, 2020. Art- O-Lite has become a new division at Crawford. Since AOL’s inception in 1967, we have taken pride in the services we offer and stand behind the work that our electricians perform. On October 2, 2020 Crawford Company assumed ownership of Seaberg Industries. Seaberg is a division within Crawford Company.
Role is responsible for working directly with customers to create, maintain and improve the design of parts for sheet metal fabricated components and assemblies. Position is responsible for the design and development of products that are manufacturing friendly. Using predefined data, the position must efficiently and accurately release and control the design of parts to ensure external, internal, and regulatory requirements are achieved. Position is responsible for project management, issue tracking and coordination of activities that lead to successful production startup, launch and ramp up. Position must continuously shorten the development cycle by engaging in upfront marketing activities and leading customer communications for technical concerns.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create work instructions (engineering masters/work orders) and in-process drawings
- Manage multiple projects and project timelines
- Resolve manufacturing problems to insure continuous ongoing improvement of productivity, methods, processes, and quality
- Identify, analyze and mitigate risk in the design process by setting controls that prevent failures
- Determine manufacturability of designs and review with internal team
- Work directly with internal and external tooling suppliers to design fixtures capable of meeting requirements and productivity goals
- Conceptualize, model and draft part designs using the required software
- Seek support when risks can not be managed by Engineering department. Notify impacted groups early when issues spread outside the department. Emphasize early detection and early resolution of issues
- Identify critical operations and establish process controls that prevent and eliminate errors in the workplace Stay up to date with the technology of manufacturing operations to enhance quality and productivity
- Facilitate customer-initiated design changes (engineering changes)
- Facilitate process improvements requests from the shop
- Strong engineering technical skills
- Review product specifications and confirm unclear points with customers
- Consider statutory and regulatory requirements
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Performance Management.
Education and Experience
- Post High School education – Bachelor’s, Associates or completion of an electrical apprenticeship preferred.
- Five to eight years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
No supervisory responsibility
This job operates in an office setting in a manufacturing work environment.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a first shift full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/Manufacturing/Technology or equivalent preferred
- Minimum two years related experience
Additional Eligability Qualifications
None required for this position.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Regular Mail: 1306 Mill St., Rock Island, IL 61201
Fax: (563) 381-5031
Regular Mail: 2395 West Lake Blvd, Davenport, IA 52804
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Yesterday a young repairman named Spencer was here at my home. I had called your office for a repair as my air-conditioning was not working correctly. Spencer called but I was not available. When I returned Spencer's call he advised me as to what time he would arrive. He arrived at said time and was very courteous even though you had not put in my air-conditioning unit. It is very refreshing to find a company that not only hires personnel who attend to the problem at hand but are also courteous to your customers.