Crawford Company proudly serves the Quad Cities Area. Crawford Company is guided today, as it has been for over 65 years, by Crawford’s original values: a commitment to product quality, customer service, innovation, business integrity, and a high regard for individual contributions. Crawford specializes in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, drain cleaning, electrical, laser cutting, specialty welded fabrication, brewing equipment, and custom architectural products. Crawford Company assumed ownership of Art-O-Lite Electrical on Jan. 2, 2020. Art- O-Lite has become a new division at Crawford. Since AOL’s inception in 1967, we have taken pride in the services we offer and stand behind the work that our electricians perform.
The designer is responsible for working with engineers to develop Autocad documents on projects to be used by tradesmen in commercial construction. This position would work alongside our mechanical and electrical engineers to complete basic MEP design tasks. Managing an MEP 3D model as well as assisting to digitize our jobsites to enable tradesmen to layout MEP systems would be part of this position’s duties. The position will have an emphasis on electrical design and documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitie to perform the essential functions.
- Electrical systems layout including lighting, controls, power distribution and low voltage systems. AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, and Navisworks software will be used.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, structural and architectural drawings.
- Develop BIM and participate in coordination meetings with other trades.
- Create as-builts from tradesmen markups.
- Digitize jobsite for use with Trimble Field Points. All other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- MEP Construction
Education and Experience
- Post High School education – Bachelor’s, Associates or completion of a technical school electrical apprenticeship preferred.
- Three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an online application at https://crawford- company.com/why-crawford/careers or pick up an application at 1306 Mill Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. You may also submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
(Crawford) could have very easily sold me a new faucet, however I truly believe your employee was looking out for my best interest and in order to help me save money, I was encouraged to contact Delta (for a free replacement). I believe that type of customer service should be the standard. I wanted to express my thanks to your plumbing department for putting the customer first.